Date(s) - Tuesday, May 15, 2018
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
MPG’s annual spring driving event, Droptops & Dirt, combines competitive comparisons on challenging roads and trails in off-road vehicles, as well as drives through scenic roads in convertibles. The day features lots of driving with excellent photo locations, direct access to OEM reps and lunch.
8:00 am: Registration opens (Coffee and munchies available)
9:00 am: Mandatory driver’s meeting
9:15 am: Let the driving begin!
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Lunch available
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Off-road course closed for lunch; convertible drives available at the automakers’ discretion
4:00 pm: Trails and street drives close
- Best Western Thousand Oaks Inn805-497-3701Single: $121.54, Double (two beds): $138.54 with Group Code: Motor18
What Vehicles Will Be There?
- All-Terrain Vehicles: Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE (off-road), Honda Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe (off-road), Honda Pioneer 500 (off-road)
- Passenger Vehicles: Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (on-road), 2018 Fiat 124 (on-road), Honda Civic Type R (on-road), McLaren 570 S Spider (on-road), 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club (on-road), Mercedes-Benz S 560 Cabriolet (on-road), Nissan 370 Z (on-road)
- Utility Vehicles: 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (On-road), 2019 Kia Sorento SXL AWD (off- and on-road)
2018 Lexus LX AWD (off- and on-road), 2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD (off-road and on-road), 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (off-road), 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (on-road), 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (off-road)
- Trucks: Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 (off-road), 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro 4×4 (off-road), 2018 Ford F150 Power Stroke Diesel (off-road), 2019 Ram Rebel (off-road), Nissan TITAN (off-road)
Watch the trailer for the 2015 event by COTU Media:
Click for photos from Droptops & Dirt 2016 on Flickr: