25 Jan Prominent Automotive Web Site Seeking Writers
Here is a new job listing. See below for details!
TITLE: Automotive News Writer
LOCATION: Remote working in Pacific Time zone
DESCRIPTION: We are looking for a news writer to augment our automotive coverage – specifically someone working in the Pacific Time zone.
The perfect candidate would be a car junkie, with deep interest in the automotive industry, as well as razor sharp writing skills. We’re looking for individuals who are adept at finding new / hidden / underdeveloped stories in the daily car news, and turning out well-composed, factually accurate copy based on a predetermined assignment.
* Write daily news stories from the automotive sector, in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner
* Find new or unreported stories from around the web, to pitch to editors
* Use basic journalistic best practices: calling sources, conducting interviews, using proper citations / attributions, etc.
* Program articles to publish using our custom CMS
* Work collaboratively with editorial team to develop new story types, coverage angles, and improve workflow
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
* Knowledge of the U.S. and global auto industry; a strong background in understanding the new car market; understanding of automotive history and/or motorsport a big plus
* Rock-solid writing chops, grammatical proficiency, experience with writing to a style guide
* Work history in writing for publication (professional clips greatly preferred over writing samples)
* Work history in a fast-paced news publishing environment
* Work history in a digital publishing environment
Contact: email@example.com for more information