24 Feb $9.4 Million Rains Down on Mecum Los Angeles
First Auction at The Fairplex in Pomona, California, Deemed Successful
Sales totals at Mecum Auctions’ inaugural Los Angeles classic- and collector-car auction climbed to more than $9.3 million when the auction company returned to the Golden State last weekend. Despite record-setting rainfall across Southern California, a total of 283 vehicles were sold over the course of the two-day auction, and more than 116 pieces of Road Art® left Pomona in the hands of new owners.
American and European sports cars claimed the top-3 seller slots at the auction, with a 2006 Ford GT (Lot S114.1) hammering at $305,000 to claim the title of No. 1 highest seller at the Los Angeles auction. Two Ferraris, a 458 Italia (Lot S107) and a 430 Scuderia Spider (Lot F127.1), rounded out the top 3, each bringing in more than $200,000 individually.
The complete top 10 sales at the Mecum Los Angeles 2017 auction include (individual prices do not include buyer’s premiums):
- 2006 Ford GT (Lot S114.1) at $305,000
- 2013 Ferrari 458 Italia (Lot S107) at $230,000
- 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia Spider (Lot F127.1) at $215,000
- 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible (Lot S116.1) at $200,000
- 2008 Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe (Lot S160.1) at $150,000
- 1960 Porsche 356B T5 Roadster (Lot S103) at $125,000
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S193) at $110,000
- 2012 Rolls-Royce Ghost (Lot F182.1) at $102,500
- 1934 Willys 5 Window Coupe Street Rod (Lot S109) at $100,000
- 2011 Bentley Mulsanne Sedan (Lot S54.1) at $97,500
For access to complete auction results and other member benefits, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next auction will take place in Kansas City, March 24-25, featuring an estimated 700-vehicle offering. After that, Mecum heads to Houston, April 6-8, with an estimated 1,000 vehicles. In May, Mecum will celebrate 30 years of business when it returns to the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis for Dana Mecum’s 30th Original Spring Classic with approximately 2,000 vehicles expected to cross the auction block May 16-21. For more details on other upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.